Advice on supplement program?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on supplement program?

I am looking at a few different options, just wanted some input. I just hit 51, still work out daily. Looking for I guess a combo of a testosterone boost, with strength and endurance/recovery increase to maintain my regimen. Has anyone tried bdg performance labs, the first thing that came up when I search this seems to fit just want some more input from the gurus before I buy lol. Any other options you guys subscribe to? I want something effective as well as safe of course.

Hi, as a middle aged athlete like yourself I understand why you are looking for supplements to provide extra recovery and a boost. The main issue I have with supplements in general is that the help they provide is minimal at best (in general). I tend to use a whey protein powder on average just one 2 scoop drink per day. I also use ZMA at night. I think ZMA is one of the most legit supplements out there for recovery. But the main reason for my belief regarding supplements is that you need to ensure everything else is on point for them to make a noticeable difference. Meaning, make sure you get 8 hours of quality sleep per night. No stims after 6pm, and keep caffeine down to 450 mgs per day so as not to disrupt effective sleep. Make sure you nutrition is on point. Eating the right amount of the right food to support your goals. Make sure your training is effective, that might mean scheduled weeks in which you "deload" or back off the intensity as an active recovery. Also at our age you may want to evaluate your frequency and volume. A sad fact is as we get older our recovery becomes compromised. We can still gain and get better, but we may need to consider training less, or less intense from time to time. This may sound like giving up or not being "hardcore" but is it? Hardcore and discipline requires intelligence. You might find taking care of everything outside of supplements first will have greater benefits then simply adding some pills or powders to your regiment.

Comment

Working...
    X