Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help w/ my diet!!

Hey guys,

I'll give you a brief run down of my situation. I'm 32 y/o, 5'10", 175 lbs (always been slender and have played organized sports since I was a child). I haven't lifted weights at all since college (so atleast 10 years ago), I have been running on and off though.

My goal is to add 8-10 lbs of muscle.

End Goal: I'd like to be pretty pretty cut/toned at around 182-185 lbs.

So before I get ridiculed for my diet, I want to preface it w/ the fact that I'm a total newbie in regards to dieting. I'm one of those people that can eat a lot of crap and actually lose weight lol. Well, you get the picture.

Anyways, I basically came up with this diet after looking at articles, blogs, asking a couple of weightlifting buddies I know, etc. Please feel free to chime in and add suggestions because I still don't really know what I'm doing.

As far as a workout routine, I'm still working on that. I usually wake up at 5 am and study Italian or Real Estate (my passions) so I want to workout in the morning, preferably Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri. However, I will post that sample workout a little later.

I digress, here is my diet. Don't be too hard on me.

*I walk about 4 miles a day round trip to work (if that matters)

Breakfast
    *post workout

3 scrambled eggs (18 grams protein, 273 calories)
    2 cups of oatmeal (12 grams protein, 316 calories, 54 grams carbs) w/ 1 cup of 2% milk (8 grams protein, 122 calories)
    1 piece of whole wheat toast (3.6 grams protein, 69 calories, 12 grams carbs) w/ 2 tbsp almond butter (8 grams protein, 190 calories)
    1 cup of black coffee

Snack

Granola bar (9 grams protein, 250 calories, 21 grams carbs)

Lunch

2 cups of cooked pasta (16 grams protein, 28 grams carbs)
    1 cup of chicken (38 grams protein, 335 calories)

Snack

2 tbs peanut butter (8 grams protein, 188 calories) sandwich on wheat bread (138 calories, 7.2 grams protein, 24 grams carbs)

Dinner

1 cup of rice or pasta (8 grams protein, 14 grams carbs)
    1 cup of vegetables (5 grams protein, 118 calories)
    8 oz steak w/ seasoning (56 grams protein, 614 calories)

Snack

1 protein shake (24 grams protein, 120 calories, 3 grams carbs) w/ 2% milk (8 grams protein, 122 calories)

Protein: 228.8 grams
    Carbs: 253 grams
    Water: 96 oz daily (minimum)

hi john. your plan is prefect. if you add some supplement and join gym its will be good to get your desire results
    ali

Comment

Working...
    X