Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help w/ my diet!!

Hey guys,

I'll give you a brief run down of my situation. I'm 32 y/o, 5'10", 175 lbs (always been slender and have played organized sports since I was a child). I haven't lifted weights at all since college (so atleast 10 years ago), I have been running on and off though.

My goal is to add 8-10 lbs of muscle.

End Goal: I'd like to be pretty pretty cut/toned at around 182-185 lbs.

So before I get ridiculed for my diet, I want to preface it w/ the fact that I'm a total newbie in regards to dieting. I'm one of those people that can eat a lot of crap and actually lose weight lol. Well, you get the picture.

Anyways, I basically came up with this diet after looking at articles, blogs, asking a couple of weightlifting buddies I know, etc. Please feel free to chime in and add suggestions because I still don't really know what I'm doing.

As far as a workout routine, I'm still working on that. I usually wake up at 5 am and study Italian or Real Estate (my passions) so I want to workout in the morning, preferably Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri. However, I will post that sample workout a little later.

I digress, here is my diet. Don't be too hard on me.

*I walk about 4 miles a day round trip to work (if that matters)

Breakfast
    *post workout

3 scrambled eggs (18 grams protein, 273 calories)
    2 cups of oatmeal (12 grams protein, 316 calories, 54 grams carbs) w/ 1 cup of 2% milk (8 grams protein, 122 calories)
    1 piece of whole wheat toast (3.6 grams protein, 69 calories, 12 grams carbs) w/ 2 tbsp almond butter (8 grams protein, 190 calories)
    1 cup of black coffee

Snack

Granola bar (9 grams protein, 250 calories, 21 grams carbs)

Lunch

2 cups of cooked pasta (16 grams protein, 28 grams carbs)
    1 cup of chicken (38 grams protein, 335 calories)

Snack

2 tbs peanut butter (8 grams protein, 188 calories) sandwich on wheat bread (138 calories, 7.2 grams protein, 24 grams carbs)

Dinner

1 cup of rice or pasta (8 grams protein, 14 grams carbs)
    1 cup of vegetables (5 grams protein, 118 calories)
    8 oz steak w/ seasoning (56 grams protein, 614 calories)

Snack

1 protein shake (24 grams protein, 120 calories, 3 grams carbs) w/ 2% milk (8 grams protein, 122 calories)

Protein: 228.8 grams
    Carbs: 253 grams
    Water: 96 oz daily (minimum)

Probably a little late reply...

Difficult to provide a proper nutrition plan when you can't see the person in action and follow up from week to week. Not knowing what your training looks like nor your medical condition I guess you can start using the diet as you outlined and monitor changes based on that.

In general the there must be a match between workout performed and nutrient intake. Being 175lbs you could focus on bulking up towards 200lbs before cutting. Don't go too crazy on the cardio right now, but don't exclude it either.

If you are not gaining on the diet above (which I don't think you do right now) you must simply eat a little more. You can either add more to your plan above, like add an extra egg or up the stake or chicken. Don't change too much at a time, because you need to monitor the effects of the changes, stick to same diet plan for a week and then make changes, but not too many

The only thing I would advice is to add a fatty fish meal in this phase. You would gain more from a fish meal rather than chicken. It's a bit more expensive, but the protein quality in fish is by far more superior than in chicken. Moreover, you get the benefit from fats, but make sure you don't remove the greyish/brown muscle from the meat as it is there where all the EPA and DHA is located.

Also, fatty milk is something that always work and do not fear the fats so avocado and nuts could be included as well.

Comment

Working...
    X