Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude the iron intelligence videos are so good. Narrating, editing, music grab you instantly. Makes me want to destroy something.

Comment

• hey evan , I am going to Columbus next year for the first time for the Arnold. can you please recommend some good dining out options ? trying to build a list of restaurants I want to try while im there .

Comment

• After rehabbing my lower back for months with non-specific exercise, and working on hip and hip flexor flexibility, I am ready to try the new program of Iron Intelligence. I gave it a one week trial run before a vacation for Thanksgiving. I aim to complete the program by the end of Feb.

I will also be getting my test levels checked, 5 years after my "baseline". I didn't really plan these tests out very well, but I'll see where I'm at now compared to then.

Recently upped my D3 to 5000iu/day.

Recently added grape seed extract morning and night. Man that stuff tastes awful, so it must do something beneficial.

Increasing daily fat intake significantly. Going from 70g/day average to about double that.

Made those egg pancakes last night. Taste awful without syrup. Lol

Evan, how often do you check test levels, if ever? I would imagine it's somewhat pointless while you're 'on'?

​​​​​ANY SNOW YET?
        Merry Christmas to your family.
        Majrminer, AZ 🌵🎄
        I want to be known as "calfzilla"

Comment

• First run is never the best run. Lol

Comment

• Hi Evan!
            I found your videos on bodybuilding.com very amazing.
            I was wondering if you could share with us what goes throught your mind during the fundamental exercices ?

Comment

• Get well amigo.

Comment

• Get well bro

Comment

• Hey evan, do you noticed improved digestion when most of the waer you consume is mineral water high in bicarbonates? Also, do you still recommend meriva as the form of curcumin to use?

Hope your healing is speedy Evan, get well soon.

Comment

• Evan, big fan of yours. I'm new at physical fitness and need to move my ass, I'm 50, overweight (255lbs/5' 11") and a starting at the gym tomorrow planing on 5 days a week. Initially aerobic with some light weights for a couple of weeks, the two body parts daily. I am confused at how to calculate how much protein, fat and carbs I need daily, likely due to all the different web sites I have looked at. I have my lunch box ready for 5 small meals and would like your guidance as how to start, making sure I'm eating enough of the right things and in the proper amounts to fulfill my caloric needs for weight loss and later building muscle. Thank you in advance for your help and others in the forum. I really want to change my appearance and most important my health.

Comment

• Hey, I have a question about carrots. So I been prepping and during my last week I was eating them with my greens (was not instructed to by my coach). And when I started the process of losing water, I could not see the changes that I needed. So after having a chat with my coach regarding the issue of not seeing water loss results we looked deeper into my diet. Seeing that I was eating carrots he told me to cut off my diet immediately. After a day or two I started losing water. Any idea on what makes eating carrots hold water?

Comment

• Recent bloodtests with 6month intervals showed that I have pretty low testosteron levels (at young age), just around the edge for supplementation. Since I'm a competing athlete supplementation isn't an option.

To improve my T levels, I've done a little research and will make adjustments in my life and diet. The adjustments I allready made are a reduction in protein intake from 3g to 2,2g/kg, a slightly higher fat intake of 1,1g/kg, a higher caloric intake of +200cal/day and I'll be trying to add more cruciferous vegetables. Currently I'm supplementing with Omega3 fats, magnesium and vitamine D3. In my diet I'm also considering removing the oatmeal at breakfast and replacing it with regular or sweet potatoes. There's a lot of discussion but no decent research on if this could cause T levels to drop, but better safe then sorry I guess?
                        Other then just the diet I'll be trying to reduce overall life stress and am considering getting my sleep checked.

If you, or anyone else has some suggestions on how to improve T-levels through lifestyle, training and diet, I'd love to hear it!

Best of luck with recovery!!

Comment

• Hi Bro, I dont have questions for you now, just wanted to wish you a fast recovering... your friend Pablo

Comment

• Originally posted by DGymn View Post
                            Recent bloodtests with 6month intervals showed that I have pretty low testosteron levels (at young age), just around the edge for supplementation. Since I'm a competing athlete supplementation isn't an option.

To improve my T levels, I've done a little research and will make adjustments in my life and diet. The adjustments I allready made are a reduction in protein intake from 3g to 2,2g/kg, a slightly higher fat intake of 1,1g/kg, a higher caloric intake of +200cal/day and I'll be trying to add more cruciferous vegetables. Currently I'm supplementing with Omega3 fats, magnesium and vitamine D3. In my diet I'm also considering removing the oatmeal at breakfast and replacing it with regular or sweet potatoes. There's a lot of discussion but no decent research on if this could cause T levels to drop, but better safe then sorry I guess?
                            Other then just the diet I'll be trying to reduce overall life stress and am considering getting my sleep checked.

If you, or anyone else has some suggestions on how to improve T-levels through lifestyle, training and diet, I'd love to hear it!

Best of luck with recovery!!
                            From my research looking at medical studies and also on my own body I learned that fats and cholesterol increase testosterone but it has to be the right specific kind of fat. Monounsaturated fat and saturated fat increases testosterone. But polyunsaturated fat decreases testosterone. Avoid polyunsaturated fats.

Best fats to have to increase testosterone...

Monounsaturated fats...
                            Extra Virgin Olive Oil
                            Macadamia nut oil
                            Avocado

Saturated fats...
                            Whole eggs
                            All natural butter from grass fed cows that have CLA. Kerrygold pure Irish butter makes a very good natural butter from grass fed cows. Make sure the butter is from grass fed cows.

Some studies and research here...
                            https://www.anabolicmen.com/fats-and-testosterone/

I've noticed once I removed my carbs at night (after 6pm) and replaced them with fats my stamina and libido increased. My lean mass increased and fat around my mid section decreased. So, I just stick to protein and fats after 6pm.

So, my meals in the evening would be...
                            8oz to 10 oz chicken or fish or steak with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and one whole egg.
                            Last edited by Wolf fan; 04-03-2017, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvanCentopani View Post

Multivitamin/Mineral
                              Fish Oil
                              CLA
                              Evening Primrose Oil
                              Probiotic
                              Curcumin
                              Milk Thistle
                              Ubiquinol
                              Magnesium
                              Vitamin D3
                              Vitamin K2
                              Iodine
                              Hello Evan,

I hope recovery is going ok! What dosages of magnesium, iodine, and milk thistle do you use daily? Also, what form of magnesium do you like best. I tend to use tuarate as I heard it is a good form.

Comment

Working...
                              X