Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evan Centopani Q&A

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Evan Centopani Q&A

    Ask me something. I can't guarantee that I'll answer. But hey, you won't know unless you ask!

  • #2
    What's your favorite movie and why?
    What was your major in college?
    What was the reason why you stepped away from Prime?
    Last edited by KNorman; 06-25-2015, 02:52 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      First of all, I guess the whole veganism thing came as a shock because it complemented how sometimes there are really no clues as to what your next BB moves will be regarding competition.

      So, I guess a combination of both made most people, or at least me, wonder about whether or not you would still compete.

      So, my question will be as boring and straightforward as possible...will you still compete? Nevermind when or where...

      Comment


      • #4
        Top 3 favorite veggies for overall health and performance?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by KNorman View Post
          What's your favorite movie and why?
          What was your major in college?
          What was the reason why you stepped away from Prime?

          Forrest Gump...never get's old. So genius

          Sociology....go figure

          No comment on Prime!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mileman View Post
            First of all, I guess the whole veganism thing came as a shock because it complemented how sometimes there are really no clues as to what your next BB moves will be regarding competition.

            So, I guess a combination of both made most people, or at least me, wonder about whether or not you would still compete.

            So, my question will be as boring and straightforward as possible...will you still compete? Nevermind when or where...

            Hahahahaha...check out my latest blog post on the subject: http://centopani.com/am-i-really-going-vegan/ Then we'll talk more!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by nicklepore View Post
              Top 3 favorite veggies for overall health and performance?
              Nick! What's up man?! Here's MY top 3:

              Beets- Liver health, digestion, nitric oxide production, blood building, cleansing
              Potatoes- Potassium, Gluten free carbs, Minerals
              Spinach- Blood builder, colon health, iron, chlorophyll,

              Comment


              • #8
                Hey Evan, so cool that you are taking the time to do this..
                I was wondering if there is much of a difference between DB and barbell skullcrushers. I used the EZ Curl bar for awhile, but my left tricep is stronger and therefore takes most of the effort. By using DBs, I go lighter but I think it can help even out the imbalances eventually. thoughts?

                Also, how much protein do you recommend in a diet? It's funny, I see guys who are not company sponsored recommending 0.75g/lb bodyweight, and then sponsored athletes or supplement company owners recommending 2g/lb of bodyweight. Just curious to hear your opinion on that matter.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by shamr0cked View Post
                  Hey Evan, so cool that you are taking the time to do this..
                  I was wondering if there is much of a difference between DB and barbell skullcrushers. I used the EZ Curl bar for awhile, but my left tricep is stronger and therefore takes most of the effort. By using DBs, I go lighter but I think it can help even out the imbalances eventually. thoughts?

                  Also, how much protein do you recommend in a diet? It's funny, I see guys who are not company sponsored recommending 0.75g/lb bodyweight, and then sponsored athletes or supplement company owners recommending 2g/lb of bodyweight. Just curious to hear your opinion on that matter.

                  It's my pleasure. I DO think that when it comes to skulls, the barbell is superior to dumbbells. However, if you want to use dumbbells, I would reccommend doing single arm behind the head extensions....great movement and, in my opinion, better than dumbbell skulls.

                  For protein, I think it's very individual depending on how you train, your genetics and also on what the rest of your diet looks like. Generally speaking though, I think 1g/pound is a solid place to start. Keep in mind, eating a diet that is more NUTRIENT DENSE makes a big difference. I truly believe that eating foods that have more vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients etc will help to better sustain your efforts. Guys tend to focus intently on macros but don't consider the micronutrientss in their food. While protein is important and I make it the basis of my diet, I consider vegetables, fatty acids etc etc to be just as important. A good diet is like a possible and you need all the pieces for it to be complete!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by EvanCentopani View Post


                    Forrest Gump...never get's old. So genius

                    Sociology....go figure

                    No comment on Prime!
                    Sociology? No shit! I'm curious to ask, but what exactly did you find interesting about Sociology? I took a semester of Sociology and Psychology and to be honest didn't get what I thought was going to get out of the class.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hey Evan hows it been? For my question what do you think is the best way to transition from a bulk into a cut?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by EvanCentopani View Post


                        Hahahahaha...check out my latest blog post on the subject: http://centopani.com/am-i-really-going-vegan/ Then we'll talk more!
                        I did, I was just saying that at least in my case my first reaction was that probably it was the first in a line of decisions that led to you not competing...

                        Now, back on the cross hairs...is competing still in your mind?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          How's your dad doing?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by KNorman View Post
                            Sociology? No shit! I'm curious to ask, but what exactly did you find interesting about Sociology? I took a semester of Sociology and Psychology and to be honest didn't get what I thought was going to get out of the class.
                            I actually liked sociology....maybe because interaction interests me...coincidence I like posting on a forum?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DomBaker View Post
                              Hey Evan hows it been? For my question what do you think is the best way to transition from a bulk into a cut?
                              Dom!

                              I think a slow transition is best. I've seen people go from eating a ton and doing no cardio to starving themselves and doing tons of cardio. Doesn't make sense. Everything is relative. If you've been eating 5000 calories a day and are maintaining your composition with no cardio then it would make sense to first, start by making more ideal food choices without dropping any calories...the body should respond to that. Then, after a period of doing that, drop daily caloric intake SLIGHTLY... say 200 calories. You will respond to that. After a couple more weeks, add in cardio a few times a week. So on and so on. Best to implement gradual changes and only do what is necessary to evoke a response...anything more is overkill and you will inevitably leave yourself nowhere to go!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X